Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top 5 Finalist, Pinch Me!

I just finished listening to the audio clips of the 4 people trying to keep me from being crowned The Next 89 WLS Talk Star and I am so happy I waited until now to do so. Had I listened to them prior I might have to dropped out, those contestants sound great. Originally I thought about submitting a mock show clip but I thought the people judging the applicants needed to hear who I am and how I came to be.

Tomorrow is the live broadcast where we will fight to the death for the title. I am nervous, excited and still in awe of how I made it to the top 5. I should not be shocked because I have support from almost everyone in my life. My husband kept telling me I would make it to this point. Of course my mom, sister and children have encouraged me. My friends from grade school that have opposing political views even voted for me. The girls from high school (in my mind we are frozen in time which is why I call them girls) were so kind. Facebook friends made me feel like a rock star, it was sweet. There is a group of people I need to give a loud shout-out to, Lisle residents, they are the best townies on the planet. Everywhere I went they engaged me and asked me to them posted, throughout my journey.

Whatever happens tomorrow I have exceeded my dreams already, my name was mentioned on the same station were my favorite conservative personalities are heard. How did that happen? I just hope I don't embarrass my family and friends and simply have a good time. If the ride ends tomorrow, I won't complain. I do feel horrible about missing the high school open house, it's nerdy but I love going.

Thank you all!

1 comment:

metaformadesign said...

You've got it Steph ... Keep it Going, We are with You All the Way!